Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hello

Hello Everyone, My name is Yvette I am 44 and this is my first blog. I've been married for 26 years to the l0ve of my life David. I have 3 grown children Scott, Sandra and Sheree. I live in the mountains and I am a Hospice Nurse.
Most people tell me that my profession is one that they would not choose, but I absolutely love it. I love the relationships that I form with my patients and their families. Most people say to me "How can you be in hospice?, I could never take care of dead people." I don't take care of dead people, I take care of people who are dieing. To me it is such an honor that people who are going through such a personal time in their life let me into their home and their journey. It makes me feel better to know that I am helping them have a good death. No pain, no suffering just peace. I don't just take care of the patients, I take care of the families. And to let them know that the last sense that leaves the body is the hearing, and that is right when the heart stops.
I hope that you enjoy the stories that I share and get to know a little insight into a profession that is misunderstood.


Yvette

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Yvette I can't wait to hear more about your expierences. The good and the bad, I am ready to follow you on your emotional journey!